Introduction to Aga Khan University:
Aga Khan University is a globally recognized private university that is dedicated to achieving excellence in teaching, research, and service. The university is committed to upholding international standards and has received accreditation from the esteemed Joint Commission International for its teaching hospital, the Aga Khan University Hospital.
Job Role / Responsibilities:
As a Clinical and Bio-chemical Test Performer at Aga Khan University, you will be reporting to the Manager or Assistant Manager of your assigned section. You will be required to carry out clinical and bio-chemical tests on a daily basis in accordance with departmental policies and procedures to ensure the timely preparation of final reports and the delivery of quality service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Independently performing clinical tests in adherence to standard operating procedures to ensure the quality of results.
- Participating in staff training as per laboratory guidelines and seeking educational opportunities to enhance your skills.
- Assisting the supervisor in implementing safety standards according to Laboratory Safety Guidelines.
- Confirming unusual findings with senior technologists, Charge Technologists, or Pathologists to avoid any misleading results from being released to patients, as and when required.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, with a preference for a Masters’ degree.
- Completed a one-year traineeship at the Clinical Laboratory at AKU or have two to three years of relevant experience, preferably in a laboratory or hospital.
- Thorough knowledge of laboratory testing procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work in shifts.